Ingredients (2 servings)
- 50g Corn Kernels
- 1tbsp Vegetable Oil (I use sunflower oil)
- Pinch of salt
- 50g Castor Sugar
- 15g Butter
- **Prepare more caramel if prefer very sweet popcorn.
- For making popcorn, heat oil in a pan (I prefer pan with glass lid) on medium heat.
- Add in kernels with a pinch of salt, put the lid on then swirl the pan a bit to make sure all kernels are coated with oil and spread out in an even layer.
- Remove from heat for 30 seconds then return to stove. This will help the heat to distribute evenly and kernels will pop almost at the same time.
- Once the popping sound has ceased, remove from heat immediately and transfer popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, cook sugar with butter until all sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle caramel over popcorn and use a spatula to stir the popcorn rapidly to coat.