Ingredients (makes 6):
1 cup All purpose flour
1 tbsp White sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
4/5 cup Milk
1 Egg, beaten
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tbsp Cooking Oil
Pinch of salt
Red bean paste
- Sift together flour with baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, bring together all other ingredients, mix until well blended.
- Stir in sifted flour and mix until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan on low heat, transfer one-sixth of the batter into the pan. Cook until bottom is golden brown.
- Remove from pan. When is cool enough to handle, place a slice of cheese on top or spread jam/kaya and roll it up. Set aside to cool with seal side down, this will help the roll to keep in shape.
- Cut into serving size, also to reveal the beautiful pinwheel pattern.